Friday, June 3, 2011

Birthday Bash 2008

July 15, 2008


A few days ago we celebrated my sons second birthday and with it the entering of the terrible two's. I sure hope we got them all out at once, and they don't just drag on, I am not sure I can handle such extreme emotions..... :)

We had a great day and I even got a chance to give him a something I made (it was questionable for a while, I didn't know if I would ever get done. Which I still have a binding to put on, but close enough that I could give it to him to snuggle for a bit). Now mind you this is the first quilt I have made (besides a small simple little quilt I made in JR High...with my friend Lindsay) and I decided I wanted to design the pattern myself because he LOVES trains so much. I just knew the quilt needed to be centered around trains so I went for it and this is what I came up with.

Dsc06589

Dsc06609

Dsc06612

So what do you think? I was quite pleased with the finished product. I was thinking I could do a little giveaway of my pattern or put a link to it on my sidebar, but wondered if anyone would even be interested in it.

I also made his birthday cake...
Dsc06461
It has always been a tradition that we could pick whatever cake design we wanted and my Mom would make it. You should have seen the year my brother picked a Jungle theme, the trees were melting by morning (made out of a cookie and then green frosting leaves added on top) and the animals were fantastic. My Mom was incredible, with how she would interpret our desires. It was so fun to me that I decided I should do the same for our kids.

Last year was the first cake I had ever made...
Dsc03482

Then I made a cake for my niece...
Dsc04663

And this year...(trying to tie in one of Jackson loves, CARS)...
Dsc06450


No comments:

Post a Comment