Friday, June 3, 2011

Buggies

June 26, 2008


I figured out how to make the cutest little hair accessories (I think you are going to love these). They are fun and easy to make! So...enjoy my little tutorial on how to make them. I've never done a tutorial, so if something seems confusing or if I missed an important step, please let me know, so I can clarify for everyone.

Also...in the midst of all this fun, because I, myself, don't have a little girl and now have a pair of these cute polka-dottie lovies in hand...make a comment in the comment section and we will have a another fun giveaway (winner will be announced on Saturday June 28).

Only there is a requirement this time. I need to know what your favorite blog is. I know you are ALL dying to put mine down...ha., but for now mine is off limits. You'll see why later!

Okay? Okay.

Now lets get going....

(first off...Fray Check all your raw ribbon edges)

Dsc05659_2
I used 3/8" grosgrain ribbon. Cutting it at various lengths.
First Ribbon: 4 inches
Second Ribbon: 3 inches
Third Ribbon: 2 inches
Fourth Ribbon: 1 inch

Dsc05661_2
Take your smallest piece (1 inch) and cut the edges off (fray check these pieces). These will be your future Antennae

Dsc05662_2
Take your longest ribbon and loop it around so both edges meet up (see below picture)

Dsc05663_2

Dsc05664
Then glue this together. Repeat the above 3 pictures for your smaller (3 inch ribbon)

Dsc05667_2
Lay the smaller loop inside your larger loop and glue together

Dsc05672_2
Take your two inch piece and glue it onto your loops. Wrapping the edges around as seen below....

Dsc05673_2

Dsc05679_2
Place your antennae on the bug

Dsc05680_2

Dsc05681_2
Personal preference, but I like my antenna shorter, so I trim them.

Dsc05684

Dsc05691_2
Now grab your ribbon spool and glue ribbon around the edges of your clip. Hold the ribbon tight.

Dsc05695_2
measure how long you need it to wrap around to the inside and then cut the end and glue it around and down.

Dsc05703_3
Place glue on top and put your cute buggie on.

Dsc05714_3
Congrats on your cute buggie bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment