Friday, June 3, 2011

Cutting Them Up

August 12, 2008

3crop5by414_2
I'm not calling it quits, but I am going to take a step forward and recognize the fact that I am probably, at this point in my life, not going to get the loans that I need to make my aprons succeed (not purposely rhyming there, ha.). Anyway, the new business plan, well to sell everything I do have. I have about a billion yards of fabric surrounding me currently and something needs to be done with it.

Wouldn't you think? Yes I would.

So the plan...
I am going to begin making the aprons into kits. I will sell the pattern along with a pre-cut kit of fabric. All you have to do it start buying them. ha. Only joking. I will sell them, but I am also going to take them to local quilt shops who have said they would be interested in carrying the patterns.

This is still a very exciting option, but it is sort of hard to give up the creative rights to my products, to just sell the patterns and not have any further creative touches with them. However, it has been so much fun to pick out the fabric for these aprons so I am sure that the first bundle of kits will be fun to create. A lot of work mind you, but when did money ever come free or easy?!

I will begin to cut kits and post pictures of the different kits as I complete them, but I will no longer be making the aprons....unless you have a special request and then, just email me (epicureanstyle (at) gmail (dot) com) and maybe we can work something out.

I think you will be excited by the fabrics though and the aprons really aren't all the hard to make, so this should be fun. I'll post more as I know more, but for now....I'm cutting them up and selling the kits.

Email me or make a comment if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment