Friday, June 3, 2011

Summertime Toes

July 17, 2008


I've never had a pedicure, although I am sure I would LOVE it. Just one of those things I've never done, but have on my list of things "yet to be done". However I always enjoy freshly painted toe nails more than you will ever know. Doesn't it just make you feel a little less like a "mommy" and a little more like a "lady". Not that I don't love my role as a mom, but sometimes it feels good to do something good for the woman side of you. :) I think a fresh hair cut and color might rivial this as my favorite "make me feel good" things.

Anyway, whenever I do sit down to paint my toe nails I seem to enjoy painting a little flower on them. I've had people ask how I do it...so today I am here to answer that question for you....

No mind you this looks WAY better "in person". As I took these photos, I was unhappy with the results, they just didn't do the poor piggies justice. Anyway, if you give it a shot I think you will know what I mean.
Dsc06692_5

Good Luck and Happy painting.

First...
Gather all your materials
-Toe Nail Clippers
-Nail Polish Remover
-Clear Polish (Sally Hansen..30 second top coat)
-Color Polish (Pure Ice...Vineyard #829)
-Rhinestones (Nail and Body Rhinstone Kit...by Fingers Nail Art. Just look for it by the nail polish in Walmart or your drugstore)
-White, Green, and Purple Acrylic Paint
-Art Stylus (found at Roberts Craft, they have metal ones that I actually like better than my wooden one. They give cleaner lines and more uniform dots)
-Q-tips
-Cotton Balls

Next clip your toenails and remove any of the excess polish already on them.
Funny as I grabbed my bottle of fingernail polish remover and wondered why it was so empty, I had a sudden flash back and remembered why it was pretty much empty...Remember This?

Anyway, moving on...
After your nails are clean, I like to start with a clear coat on each nail. Have you ever had your nails turn yellowish or other completely discusting colors...well, save yourself and trust me if you haven't, just put down this clear coat to protect yourself.
Dsc06628_2

Now put two coats of your choice of colored polish on your nails. I am using Pure Ice...Vineyard #829---just an FYI.
Dsc06635_3

Let this dry completely. If you are in a hurry for time, use a blow dryer to make it dry more quickly.

Next pull out your White Acrylic Paint (any brand will do). Shake it really well and then use the lid to dip your Art Stylus to get the color. Simply dot five white dots around in a circle.
Dsc06639

Dsc06642

Dsc06645

Let that dry completely.

Then use your Purple Acrylic Paint and Shake it really well. Dip your Stylus into the portion of paint left in the lid and create five dots just inside of the white dots.
Dsc06648

Dsc06651

Let that dry completely.

Take your White Acrylic Paint and dot one spot in the center of your flower (for you rhinestone to stick to). Set your rhinestone in the center. My Rhinestones came with a wooden stick that if you moisten the end the rhinestone will stick to. It makes it easier to get the Rhinestone from the end of this stick than from my finger.
Dsc06657

Dsc06655

Dsc06660

Now whip out your Green Acrylic Paint and make anywhere from one to three dots around the outside edge of your flower. It gives it a fun little leafy effect.
Dsc06660

Dsc06682_3

Let all of that dry.

Then take your clear polish and HEAVILY coat your nail with it. I then go back and polish the rest of my nails with the clear polish too. It just gives it a more finished look and I feel like it keeps it from chipping.
Dsc06663

Dsc06684

Oh and lastly...if you have any excess polish that has gotten onto your toe, dip a Q-tip into your nail polish and just rub off those spots.


Congrats on your cute toenails. Okay, so these pictures honestly don't do it justice, but I promise you will be happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment