Friday, June 3, 2011

Sunny California

September 15, 2008


Well, we made the big move and are finally settling in and all out of boxes. I know it has been forever since I last posted and you probably thought I must have dropped off the face of the earth...but alas you haven't been that lucky. ha. I really was surprised by how much time and effort went into getting ready for "the big move". I should know that moving and putting things in boxes ALWAYS takes longer than you think it will.

As for us making it to Sunny California...well, things have taken a little getting used to, but I am starting to feel a little more settled. It's not like I want to live in my parents basement forever, but things are just so unfamiliar here.

It's hard when you know somewhere so well and know so many people and then move to somewhere where you have no one and don't even know where the Wal-mart is (which I finally found....it was decided that I will never go back there again. I was the only white person there. I think I was not in the best part of town. oops. Lots to learn). :)

I know Utah forwards and backwards, I know where the Targets and Wal-marts are I know where the things are in grocery stores and I can find the little things I need without much effort. I know the freeways and I know the backroads...but I don't know anything here.

To give LA some credit....It really is a great place. I love how close we are to the beach and I love how once I do find something it is almost always less than 10 minutes away. Its a great city, it just takes getting familiar with the surroundings and finding which roads lead me where. I was extremely excited to find a Costco and it is brand new only 10 minutes away...the little joys in life right?!

My husband, doesn't start school for another week so it has been nice to have him around while I am trying to find everything and get the hang of this town. I will admit that I do dread him starting school because that means days will be a little longer and I will have less to do, but hopefully I will make friends quickly and find people to do things with.

Well, I'm here and I will be blogging regularly again. Sorry for the keeping you all anxiously awaiting a future blog post for so long now. ha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment