Friday, June 3, 2011

A Quick Vent

July 23, 2008



16crop8by10_3

Since this is supposed to be a blog dedicated to my aprons I figured it was high time I paid a little more attention to them. I was just having so much fun. :) Anyway, a little update as to where I am at or stuck with the aprons.

I am completely confused as to what to do...

I have been trying to get a small business loan for quite a while, which has me in a stand still for what I can do next. I keep hearing that I need assets, and well, I have none. I don't own a home, I don't own any property...I have about five dollars in the bank. If that counts for anything?! :) It should. I have worked real hard for that five dollars, er, my husband has, but seriously what is a girl to do.

Unless I find some rich long lost relative that wants to fund my project, I am on hold. It is so frustrating to me that I can't get the money I need. I have about 3-4 orders per week and well, I have to say that is pretty darn good. I mean it could be better, but you consider the fact that I have only had "word-of-mouth" orders. From all of you good people that linked me to your blogs--friends, family, and people I hardly know. It is all VERY appreciated let me tell you. Thank you for your help with spreading the word about my product. But now what? I have cut back on the orders I am taking this summer, just so I can enjoy it and get ready for "the big move", but I really have a feeling that these aprons could get bigger. If someone at the bank would just trust me.

I know they have probably had hundreds of people promise that they wouldn't file bankruptcy and they would payback every penny they borrowed and then didn't, but I REALLY MEAN IT (okay, so I am sure a lot of people REALLY mean it). And with the economy the way it is, nobody wants to lose anything. I can't blame them...but yet I do. :) Why, oh why.

So here I sit on way too much money invested in fabric and not quite enough to move into manufacturing. So what to do? I have one idea, but I am not sure I am all for it yet. If it comes down to it and I just need to get this fabric off my hands than I will, but for now, I am just sitting back and waiting a little longer. Hoping and hoping that something will come along, that something will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment